Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brrr, So Cold!

Since this is under my fashion page, I just want you let anyone reading this know that, I do not consider myself a fashion expert, I'm just here to share my neat little tips and tricks to help me get through life.

So its officially winter now, with all the first snow, frost, and being able to see your breath outside. And I hate having to wear something else instead of what I want to just because of winter. Yes, for those of you who know me, I hate it as much as wearing something uncomfortable or something that I have to constantly fix and tug at like a low cut top or shorts. But luckily, for the most part, I don't have to worry about both of those things. Nor do I worry about switching my wardrobe (except for adding some clothing items like scarves and sweaters). It's the brilliant invention of layering that has saved me.

Having long sleeves in every color of the rainbow allows me to wear any summer shirt without being cold. And even if one of my long sleeves I need is in the laundry, white and black long sleeves will go with just about any shirt so its handy to have a couple of black and white ones.

Same goes with leggings and other bottom wear. But we all know some leggings are not enough to keep warm. Well since I am a full time day student, from home to school I'll wear sweatpants over the leggings and then go to the bathroom and remove my sweats inside the warm building. Sometimes I'll do the same with my snowshoes and other foot wear. I keep my sweats in my locker so I don't have to carry everything and then slip them on again before I go. and even when I'm wearing jeans I tend to wear leggings underneath to keep myself warm.

Lastly, I'm sure we all know that accessoring with hats, gloves, mittens, scarves, earmuffs, or whatever it is that you have helps keep you warm and fashionable during the winter. So don't forget to throw it on before you head out!

And if you are so concerned about the cold avoid metal jewelry and go with more beaded ones or plastic covered jewelry. I personally don't think it makes much of a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment