Sunday, October 14, 2018

Family

Today, I had the chance to go over my Masi's  (Mom's Sister's) house. I hadn't been in quite some time as I am busy with my studies and work and they had just recently moved here from Bharat/India. It was absolutely refreshing to reconnect with family. There was a warm fuzzy feeling; the kind that just leaves a slight smile lingering on a face. The problem-solving, world-observing, base-touching, and timeless conversations filled the room. Laughter and wisdom of journey paved way of intellectual debates and due conclusions for the mind to ideally ponder in this warm environment. We all felt as if we had come from the same tree even when others may say we were born and raised in two different countries with their own worlds. I felt right at home; I wasn't wrong, this is where I belong. Such a simple night that re-enforced the pre-existing value of family within me. & Dare I even say to others that it was preferable to going out on a Saturday night. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment