Thursday, October 25, 2018

Digitalizing

For those that know me, they know that I try to keep time and personal data off of technology. Though in this day and age, I don't think it is possible or practical anymore. I will be embracing technology again and start using the technological conveniences of a modern life more. Living life simply has taught me valuable lessons and I will keep those lessons as I progress forward. So, I'm going digital with all my books and notes, hopefully, slowly but surely. I will be getting digital copies; or I will be scanning in my books and recycling the originals.  I will be getting either a new tablet or touch screen laptop soon. Most likely a tablet. I anticipate this to be an ongoing project for at least 6 months. The fact that my room looks like an episode of hoarders with books in every nook and cranny of my room may or may not have to do with this insightful decision. Seems that the Old Book Store only 10 minutes away by foot that we got only a couple years back seems to have feed this mini monster. I am excited though; well, reasonably excited. I will miss the perks of having solid copies, but I look forward to the advantages of the digital age. Curious to see how empty and minimal my room will look as my files, books, and notes get reduced. I plan to continue that simplification with other aspects of my room afterwards (probably my closet next)

No comments:

Post a Comment