Monday, October 15, 2018

Individuality

It's not often that I post about my decision making process. I tend to like to share more event related posts on my blog. It's the concept of walking the talk instead of talking the talk. However, today I'd like to share an outlook in my life that I most currently am dealing with. It will be interesting to see where I go and what I do from here on.

At "quarter" life, I am in the midst of deciding, manifesting, and solidifying my individuality. I have already become myself and who I'd like to be in many ways but there are still some hard battles left. Like meditation has taught me, it will take an unwavering focus to face the long battles I am beginning to undergo. As the gaming industry would put it: the harder levels where the consequences, risks, and rewards are amplified. Transforming and metamorphosis sometimes require the opposite of hibernating in a cocoon. A self perpetuating system of growth with the accompanying tools of building good habits, unwavering solid principles, and more confident, committed, and effort-driven resulting actions or simply put: dharma (thought) & karma (action). 

The first and foremost step is to always remind myself not to compare myself with others as everyone's journey is different. It's one of the major reasons I've kept off social media. 
The second is to find out what it is I do need and want. 
The third step is to go out and act on it.
The fourth step is to maintenance(this includes maintaining a sense of self)/progress, assess quality, and contentment. 
 The sixth step is to tweek or adapt as needed with new knowledge. 

In this way, I have begun to be able to help me help myself. In my younger days it was more about exposing myself to the world and seeing all the different lifestyles out in the world. Now a days, it's more about solidifying who I am. It's priceless gratification but also so challenging! It requires me to develop a new kind of strength through mental, physical, and spiritual training. If I am successful, it will serve me well for my current life and the rest of my life. If I find my own success, I hope I will be able to share my training at one point so that I can help others as others have helped me along in my own journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment